- Dress Code
- Off-Site Study
- Sixth Informer
- Sixth Form Enrichment & Extra Curricular
- Sixth Form PSHE Programme
- Year 12 Transition Work 2017
- Pastoral Care & Sixth Form Handbook
- Applying to University (UCAS)
- Researching University Options
- Oxbridge and Russell Group University Applications
- Useful UCAS Documents and Links
- Higher Education Presentations
- Extended Project Qualification (EPQ)
- Sixth Form Bursary
- Sixth Form Student Voice
- Parental Engagement Evening - 24th October24th October
- The Big Draw28th October
- Sixth Form Open Evening16th November
- Parental Engagement Evening - 22nd November22nd November
- Parental Engagement Evening - 14th December14th December
- Parental Engagement Evening - 29th January29th January
- Parental Engagement Evening - 6th March6th March
- Parental Engagement Evening - 18th April18th April
- List Dates
- View Calendar
CEIAG (Careers Education, Information, Advice & Guidance)
We have a proud history of providing pathways for our students and the quality of careers education, advice and guidance has long been recognised as a strength of the 6th form, supporting students to reach their full potential. Our careers education, advice and guidance centres around every child as an individual. CEIAG is mostly delivered through weekly mentor sessions and through our developing partnership with LEBC (Leicester Education Business Company).
Year 12: During the summer term year 12 students are involved in the UCAS & Career Planning mentor programme. We run an annual 'Options at 18' morning where students are given the opportunity to attend talks and workshops with local universities and industry professionals. This programme is then supported by weekly sessions led by the Head of Sixth Form with support from LEBC.
Year 13: During the autumn term the focus continues to be on UCAS & Career planning. For those students who are looking to move into employment or apprenticeships LEBC provides work experience opportunities, CV writing workshops, employability workshops and careers talks.
All students in the 6th form are encouraged to participate in some form of work experience during the two years. This is further encouraged at our annual Honours Evening where parents and students from year 11 & 12 are invited to hear information about progressions into competitive universities and careers.
Careers Advisory Meetings: We arrange careers advice meetings for students in year 12 & 13. These are mainly through referrals from the Sixth Form team or from student self-referrals. This meetings take place either in school with a visiting LEBC representative or through an appointment at the LEBC head office.
Volunteering and Student Ambassadors: At Lutterworth College we encourage the development of student’s leadership skills with the aim of increasing future employability. The student ambassadors are a group of students who represent the school at various events across the year.
Student ambassadors have supported Year 6 students at Induction Day; given speeches at Induction Evening and Open Evening; answered and returned postcards to Year 6 students who were coming to Bournville; and acted as guides during Open Mornings and Open Evening
In the sixth form students are encouraged to volunteer in lessons for lower school based on subjects they enjoyed but are no longer studying, or based on subjects they are currently studying.