- Year 11 Awards12th December
- Parental Engagement Evening - 14th December14th December
- Year 13 Awards19th December
- Parental Engagement Evening - 29th January29th January
- Parental Engagement Evening - 6th March6th March
- Parental Engagement Evening - 18th April18th April
- Parental Engagement Evening - 17th May17th May
- Parental Engagement Evening - 18th June18th June
- List Dates
- View Calendar
One of our former teachers, Colin Horner has written a lovely piece about Cedric Carnall, former Head of Music, who passed away recently. Thanks also to Cedric's widow Gill, who has provided the photos.
Cedric Carnall 1928 – 2015
Cedric joined the staff of Lutterworth Grammar School in 1954 as a music teacher and during the next 36 years saw the school through many changes. However, one thing remained constant and that was his ability to generate enthusiasm for music in unlikely people and places. He was a very talented musician but his greatest love was his four part choir that became widely known, won festivals and appeared on national television in a Christmas broadcast. He also built an orchestra, a military band, musically directed a wide variety of shows including many Gilbert and Sullivan operas and organised successful, regular exchanges with schools in Munster, Germany.
He was a “one off”, a different sort of teacher, a zany personality who oozed music, he possessed an offbeat sense of humour but behind it all lay an intelligent, well-read man, however it was music that drove him. He will be greatly missed by his wife Gill, his three children and seven grandchildren but there are also countless people now singing, playing, enjoying or working in music because of him and this is a legacy to be very proud of. Lutterworth and Leicestershire music were indeed well blessed when he came our way.