- Cashless Catering & ParentPay
- School Day
- School Closure Procedures
- Pupil Premium Statement
- Term Dates
- Term Dates 2018-2019
- Term Dates 2017-2018
- Exam Board Information
- Destinations of Lutterworth College students
- CV and cover letter templates
- Researching university options
- Researching post-16 options
- Researching apprenticeships/employment
- LC SEF
- LC Development Plan
- Financial Information
- Able, Gifted & Talented
- Early Application Mentor Group
- Non Negotiables
- Key Dates
- Document Library
- Extra Curricular activities 2017-18
- Show My Homework
- Year 7 Catch up Premium
- Parental Engagement Evening - 18th June18th June
- Year 11 Prom22nd June
- Sixth Form Induction2nd July
- Sixth Form Induction3rd July
- Year 7 Induction9th July
- Lutterworth College Uniform Pop Up shops9th July
- Year 7 Induction10th July
- Lutterworth College Uniform Pop Up shops10th July
- List Dates
- View Calendar
Cashless Catering & ParentPay
At Lutterworth College we operate a cashless environment for the payment of goods & services. ParentPay is our only method of making payments in school. Cash balances can be loaded on to students’ identity cards and these cards will then be presented at the tills to pay for e.g. food, drink, library resources and printer credits.
- ParentPay is easy-to-use and offers parents the freedom to make online payments whenever and wherever they like, 24/7
- the technology used is of the highest internet security available ensuring that money will reach school safely – offering peace of mind to parents
- payments can be made by credit/debit card or also through PayPoint
- full payment histories and statements are available securely online at anytime
- students won’t have to worry about losing money at school
- Parents can choose to be alerted when their balances are low via email and/or SMS text
How to get started with ParentPay
Parents should receive a letter with account activation username and password. Once this has been received, parents should:
- Visit www.parentpay.com
- Enter the Activation username and password in the Account Login section of the homepage. NB. These are for one-time use only, parents will choose their own username and password for future access during the activation process
- Provide all the necessary information and choose a new username and password for their account - registering an email address will enable us to send receipts and reminders to parents
- Once activation is complete parents can go to straight to Items for payment, select which item(s) they want to add to their basket and proceed to complete their payment
For those students in receipt of free school meals, a cash balance of £2.35 will be added to their card each day to be spent in the school restaurants. Any remaining balance at the end of the day will be removed and £2.35 will be added again the following day. Tokens will no longer be required and so we hope this will increase the uptake of free school meals by those students who are eligible. Should a student lose their identity card, please ask them to notify the Finance Office in S-block as soon as possible so that the card can be stopped and a replacement issued.
If you have any questions, please contact the school Finance Office on 01455 205106. You can also click the links below to read the user guide or to see the FAQs.
Update from 1st May 2018 - totally cashless
As from the 1st May 2018, Lutterworth Academies Trust, will strictly no longer accept cash for payment at any of its catering outlets.
You will be aware that a student’s ID card doubles-up as their payment card for food. The main reason for a move to a totally cashless environment are around security of cash on site but also to reduce the queuing time in our food outlets when students arrive with either cash or no ID/payment card. The use of cards as a means of payment for goods in society is long established and is a life skill that the Trust is happy to support. Our registers do have a ‘card touch’ payment facility much in the way that you would use a contactless debit card. We have investigated bio-metric recognition systems as an alternative to card payment but challenges exist around data protection in this regard that make it unworkable.
As such, there will be a recalibration of our uniform policy to ensure that from the 1st May 2018:
- All Year 7, 8, 9 & 10 students will have to wear a Lutterworth College lanyard with a card holder and the students own ID card.
- The current Year 11 will be exempt from this policy but will still need to carry their ID cards with them at all times. From September 2018 all Year 11’s (current Year 10) will be expected to wear lanyards and ID cards.
- Year 12 & 13 will be expected to have their ID cards with them at all times. Sixth Form students do not have to wear a lanyard.
From 1st May 2018 students arriving to school without their ID/ payment card will not be able to purchase food from any of the school outlets. They will also not be able to give their name for payment to be subtracted at a later date – this process has caused valuable wasted time and feedback from parents has caused concern about what items were purchased, when and for whom. Catering staff have been given strict instructions that this policy is to be upheld.
Hence, the following timeline should ensure that no student is disadvantaged by the implementation of this policy:
11th April – 13th April 2018 Pastoral Managers will be checking which students do not have ID cards, lanyards or card holders – students that don’t have a lanyard or card holder will be provided with these items free of charge whilst lost or damaged ID cards can be replaced at a reduced cost of £1 up until 20th April – payment for replacement cards must come from a student’s account.
16th April – 20th April 2018 There will be further checks made for students in Years 7-10 to ensure they are wearing a lanyard with cardholder & ID – Students who have previously been issued with, and have lost or damaged their ID cards, card holders or lanyards, can purchase these items for a reduced rate (£1 for an ID card, £0.10 for a card holder, £0.50 for a lanyard) during this period – again payment for replacement items must come from a student’s account.
23rd April – 27th April 2018 Trial run: Any student without an ID card will be referred to their Pastoral Manager and contact taken with home if the issues cannot be resolved.
For clarity, the cashless policy will also apply to all Lutterworth Academies Trust teaching & support staff.
We firmly believe that the above will have a positive effect on both working practices, safeguarding and moreover, it will shorten queuing time in our dining outlets enabling students to access their food faster and this will enhance their break and meal times.