- Cashless Catering & ParentPay
- School Day
- School Closure Procedures
- Term Dates
- Term Dates 2017-2018
- Pupil Premium Statement
- Exam Board Information
- Pathways & Careers
- Kudos - careers programme
- CV and cover letter templates
- Researching university options
- Researching post-16 options
- Researching apprenticeships/employment
- LC SEF
- LC Development Plan
- Financial Information
- Able, Gifted & Talented
- Early Application Mentor Group
- Show My Homework
- Year 7 Catch up Premium
- Document Library
- Non Negotiable
- Extra Curricular activities 2016-17
- Year 7 Open Evening28th September
- Mentoring for Success Evening3rd October
- Parental Engagement Evening - 24th October24th October
- Sixth Form Open Evening16th November
- Parental Engagement Evening - 22nd November22nd November
- Parental Engagement Evening - 14th December14th December
- Parental Engagement Evening - 29th January29th January
- Parental Engagement Evening - 6th March6th March
- List Dates
- View Calendar
Students choosing not to go onto Higher Education are supported in terms of ensuring they are aware of the range of alternative options open to them. Below are some excellent websites for investigating the options should you choose not to go to university.
www.notgoingtouni.co.uk This is targeted at sixth formers who may be looking at a different option other than going to university. They advertise jobs, apprenticeships, traineeships, scholarships etc.
https://www.getmyfirstjob.co.uk/ This site works with leading Skills Funding Agency registered Training Providers and Colleges to advertise and manage Apprenticeship opportunities and training programmes. Candidates are able to quickly register their details and apply for positions in their preferred location and subject.
www.apprenticeships.org.uk This website is aimed at students who are hoping to find an apprenticeship and allows students to search for live vacancies in their local area. Students should create an account and application form which can then be used to apply for vacancies.
www.nationalcareersservice.direct.gov.uk This is for students and adults of all ages to consider their career choices; it covers all careers and divides them into ‘job families’ which is a useful tool to generate related career ideas if you already have a vague idea in mind.
https://www.yell.com/ The Yellow Pages online can be used to search for employers in different occupational areas when trying to secure work experience placements or looking for employment.
http://www.e4s.co.uk/jobs/leicester.htm A good site for looking for a variety of employment options if you are a student or leaving school.
http://www.gap-year.com/ - You may be considering a gap year with a mind to heading to university at a later date, in which case there are many fantastic resources to consider, of which this is just one.