Working at Lutterworth College
(Part of The Lutterworth Academies Trust)
We recruit people for attitude and train for skills
We aim to recruit outstanding people. We would rather make no appointment than appoint someone who is not suited to our ethos. For this reason, we try to articulate clearly our vision, values and expectations when putting together information for applicants and we always give a lot of attention to appointing the right person.
We aim to recruit staff who:
- are excited by their role and by the prospect of working with young people, even those who are less well motivated;
- love the processes of learning and teaching and are keen to continually develop their own skills;
- recognise that teaching can be a demanding job but get on with it rather than complaining;
- will subscribe to our ethos and ‘go the extra mile’ in terms of time and commitment to get the very best from our students;
- see break duty as an opportunity to talk to students;
- are quick to praise and slow to criticise;
- are not afraid to admit to seeing themselves as potential leaders of the future.
We are conscious that this may be your first contact with us and first impressions are very important. We hope that what you read, coupled with anything else you discover about us, inspires you to apply.
Mr Nick Summers, Headteacher